Sunday, May 06, 2012

Pin Me

It has become an obsession. I check it almost as much as I check Facebook (not something I am proud of).  This website called Pinterest. A site filled to the brim with millions of beautiful images, categorized in to wonderful compartments. At my fingertips I have all the options, do I need a recipe? What about things to do with kids on a rainy day? Or even, how to lose those last 5 pounds? Everything is here, if you join and create a profile.


 The easiest way is for one of your friends who is already on Pinterest to invite you, or you can go straight to the source and request an invitation (which takes a few days). It's a community of members that appreciates beautiful things and I mean beautiful in the most liberal and all-inclusive way. Pinterest members can share pictures and comment on their own and each others visual collages. People categorize their pinboards in to themes of pictures; "Places I'd Like to Go" (travel pictures), "Make Me Laugh" (humorous pictures), "Wish List" (material objects one dotes over). The options are pretty limitless. 


I created a Pin board, in which I can go on to other boards to re-Pin, Like, and Comment on pictures that I    think are special and worthy of Pinning. I can also follow Pinners that Pin pictures that interest me frequently and hope that they will follow me in return. It's another visual platform that has stormed the Internet. 
A yummy dip

Lighting for a special night 

No comments:

Post a Comment